Saturday, March 24, 2007

Quotes about Critique

"I learned a long time ago that you can't control what people think. Do I have a mission of what I want to accomplish with this? I've already accomplished it. There it is. There's the song. There's the painting. That's the accomplishment, not what people think about it. If you do things because of what people think, man, you're crippled." - John Mellencamp (catalog for his exhibition at Herron School of Art and Design, Indianapolis, IN, Nov. 18, 2005 - Jan. 7, 2006)

“The highest aim of the aesthetic being is to find the Divine through beauty,” – Sri Aurobindo (Gems from Sri Aurobindo V1. by M.P. Pendit)

"I have always been grateful for press. Even if a review is negative, reading it helps me better understand what exactly it is I think I'm doing in dance...critical attention has helped me put my work into a larger perspective." - Twyla Tharp, NUVO (Indianapolis, IN)

No comments: